The year 2015 will mark the fiftieth birthday of Poculi Ludique Societas
To celebrate a half century of early drama in Toronto, we are planning an invitational Festival of Early Drama for the weekend of 6-7 June 2015 on the campus of the University of Toronto. This is an invitation to submit proposals for plays for the Festival. Here are the parameters:
1. Any play is welcome as long as it was written before 1642.
2. The maximum length should be about an hour, although we will consider longer submissions. Shorter plays are very welcome.
3. Plays in languages other than English are very welcome, as are plays in translated versions.
4. There is no restriction (maximum or minimum) on cast size.
5. We will provide performance venues (indoors or outdoors).
6. Participating groups must provide their own production funding and travel/accommodation costs. We will arrange University dormitory accommodation as far as possible.
7. We will schedule at least two performances of each play.
8. Although we cannot guarantee to cover all requests, some costuming and sets will be available through PLS, including pageant wagons.
At this point we are soliciting proposals; please respond to me, David Klausner, with the following information:
1. Name of institution/group.
2. Contact person.
3. Proposed play, length in time or lines, cast size.
4. Venue (indoor, outdoor, wagon).
5. How firm/tentative is your proposal?
Please respond with as much of this information as possible by 15 June 2014 so that we can notify successful proposals by early July. If you have questions that are not answered above, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
With best wishes,
David Klausner, Chair, PLS Board of Directors