Saturday 19th March 2016, University of Kent
The 2016 Medieval English Theatre conference will be hosted by the School of English and Centre for Medieval and Early Modern Studies at the University of Kent, Canterbury.
The theme for 2016 is ‘Transnational Drama’ and we invite proposals for 20 minute papers on topics including (but not limited to):
- Textual/dramaturgical influence and exchange
- Plays in translation (as texts and performances)
- Issues of modern translation and editing
- Cross-cultural performance
- National and transnational performance cultures
- Performing transnational/cross-cultural drama and issues of reception
- National identity and the portrayal of different nationalities
- Performance and/in international politics
- Latin drama and its vernacular translations
Papers may consider all aspects of medieval and Tudor drama and performance, including dramatic records and modern productions.
Please send abstracts of no more than 200 words to Clare Wright C.Wrightemail@example.com by 31 October 2015.